HSE Environmental Engineer Onstream Lagos
Job Title: HSE Environmental Engineer
Environment Management System/ISO 14001 Certification Driver
- Ensure regular review and maintenance of the all CLIENT District Environmental Aspect and Environmental Legal Registers.
- Ensure significant environmental concerns are cascaded to the environment objectives and environmental management plan.
- To maintain CLIENT district Environmental Procedures including the Aspect Procedure, Environmental Management plan, Environmental Improvement Plan, Environment Monitoring Procedure, and Environment Record Procedure, oil spill contingency plans, and to organise and participate in exercise/audits to ensure the effectiveness of the plans.
- To liaise with field operations to develop, facilitate review and maintenance of the procedures and systems in line with the ISO 14001 requirements including the competence assessment system, site document control, corrective action, HSE communication procedures.
- To plan and participate in site environmental audits, and to monitor, follow-up and assess any agreed corrective recommendations as well as ensuring their implementation.
- To review and maintain implementation of Environment Management Systems Trainings for site personnel and management.
- To maintain ISO 14001 Certification of OML130-AKPO FPSO.
CLIENT district Environment studies: EBS, EIA.EER, PIA etc
- To facilitate the scoping exercise for environment studies
- To ensure that Environmental evaluation reviews are carried out for existing field.
- To carry out environmental seabed survey for new CLIENT District development.
- To facilitate regular impact mitigation monitoring visits with DPR and Federal Ministry of Environment
- To liaise with DGEP/HSE/ENV on environmental related studies as required
- To liaise with the regulators on issues related to CLIENT District Environmental activities.
- To follow up reviews and approval of environmental studies
Oil Spill Management
- To liaise with all relevant entities on CLIENT District Oil Spill Preparedness and Response.
- To Liaise with DPR, NOSDRA and other regulators to ensure compliance in oil spill related matters.
- To ensure weathering test, trajectory monitoring and environmental sensitivity studies are carried out and results from these tests form the basis of the CLIENT district oil spill plan reviews and improvement
- To ensure that oil spill plans are updated and exercises are routinely carried out.
- To report all spills to the relevant authorities.
- To ensure that contracts are in place for the removal and treatment of waste from CLIENT district operational site.
- To ensure that waste procedures and equipment are provide to facilitate segregation of waste on site.
- To ensure waste audits at the contractor’s sites and onboard CLIENT operational field.
- To ensure that contractors are accredited and waste treatment facilities are approved by the DPR and FME.
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting (ENABLON)
- To facilitate the weekly monitoring onboard the FPSO by third party consultants.
- To facilitate joint monitoring visits with DPR.
- To ensure submission of monthly and quarterly reports to DPR and FME respectively.
- To carry out feedback report to field asset operation on the environmental compliance status of site operations.
- To carry out audits at the contractor’s sites.
- To collate environmental data from technical logistics and field operations and send monthly environment reports to DGEP via enablon software.
- To collate and send bi-annual gas composition data to DGEP via enablon.
- To collate and send annual environment reports to DGEP via enablon.
Environmental Permits, Regulations anti Compliance
- Verify and follow-up delivery of appropriate environmental authorisations needed for conducting operations.
- Represent the Company in relations with authorities and other operators on environmental matters.
- Provide advice to Line Managers to enable them undertake their activities in conformance with statutory requirements and applicable regulations.
Activity leader for Maestro principle HSE 01 (DW)
- Ensure that improvement plan is defined.
- Liaise with Maestro Champion to implementation of improvement action plan.
- Follow up the Maestro actions in synergy.
- A seasoned Environmental scientist with Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and at least 10 years experience in environmental management activities for offshore and onshore engineering, construction and production of oil and gas.
- Recognised Environmental Management qualification.
- Experience in EMS implementation, Environment Studies, Operations , Reporting and Oil spill management.
- Sound knowledge in Environment and Safety matters, eg legislations, codes of practice, Company specifications etc.
- Good business orientation, strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Good analytical skills and a keen sense of reality.
- Good written and oral communication skills and power of persuasion are essential for interfacing with Asset Managers, regulatory authorities and environmental pressure groups.
- Strong team player with networking ability.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the link below: