HSE Director ACE Completions Texas
Company: ACE Completions
Location: Odessa, Texas
Want to be part of something big? Like a challenge?
ACE Completions is looking for an HSE Director to be an integral part of completing the build out of our HSE Department. This position oversees safety, training and compliance. If you’re a working director that’s not afraid to dig in and make great things happen, click on that link and apply now! ACE offers competitive pay, great benefits, 401k with company match, paid vacation & holidays and an awesome company culture, come be a part of our family!
This position is based in Odessa, TX.
- Conduct/oversee OSHA Safety Training
- Coordinate/oversee CPR/First Aid Training
- Demonstrate passionate leadership and commitment through defined activities and monitoring for adherence with the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) management process, policies, and procedures
- Research, recommend, source and provide proper safety equipment for our employees
- Create weekly, monthly, and annual safety reports
- Maintain current safety checklists and audit sheets
- Interface with insurance company in regards to claims
- Directs environmental, health and safety activities that are required by OSHA, EPA, DOT and local/federal/state regulations.
- Ensure that accident reports required by regulatory agencies are filed accurately and timely.
- Develops and presents improvement opportunities to top management; implements approved changes.
- Plans, implements, and oversees programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths and regulatory risk.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries; works with legal counsel to prepare materials and evidence for use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations;
- Directs the preparation of studies and analyses of accident causes and hazards to health; draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on the studies.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Oversees environmental, health and safety performance metrics; ensures that safety files and records are maintained according to local regulations and company policies; evaluates key performance indicators to drive functional and business performance improvements.
- Drives and contributes to the departments continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as assigned
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Oral and Written Comprehension, Expression, Recognition, and Clarity.
- Sound Use of Business English in Verbal and Written Communications.
- Strong Working Knowledge of OSHA Rules and Regulations.
- Excellent Judgment and Decision Making Ability
- Ability to Analyze and Interpret Safety Data and Related Reports
- Computer & Technology Skills – Proficiency at using various office equipment including a computer, multifunction printer, and cell phone.
- Time Management – The ability to prioritize tasks in order to best serve the flow of the current work needs.
- Bachelor Degree in Safety or Environmental or a closely related field – preferred
- 10+ Years of Progressive Safety Experience.
- 4+ Years of Management Experience, 2+ years as Director preferred
- Experience working with 3rd party contractors, ISN, and PEC
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Acceptable results on a criminal background screening.
- Acceptable results on a Motor Vehicle Records background screening.
- Drug Screen Test with a negative result.
Send an updated copy of your curriculum vitae to: email@example.com