HSE Coordinator Denbury Alvin – United States
Location: Alvin, TX, US, 77511
Employment Status: U1 Full time, Regular
FLSA Status: Exempt
Denbury is currently seeking a HSE Coordinator to join their operations in Alvin, Texas. The HSE Coordinator’s responsibilities will primarily consist of facilitating the “field-level” HSE activities. The position will report directly to the HSE Supervisor. The areas of responsibility include all operating areas within a pre-determined geographical boundary
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure HSE compliance and minimize company risk and liabilities associated with HSE issues.
- Coordinate and conduct regular field HSE audits and drills in order to satisfy compliance with regulatory agencies and corporate policies.
- Performs hazard assessments and recommends the proper levels of personal protective equipment for employees and contractors working at the site.
- Responds to spills, fires, and releases.
- Functions within the Incident Command System and National Incident Management System
- Conducts incident investigations and participates in the Root Cause Analysis.
- Ensures the safe removal of non-hazardous and hazardous waste, and maintains contracts with reputable waste disposal facilities.
- Coordinate abandonment and liability-reduction projects.
- Prepare reports for submission to supervisors, primary investigators and/or managers, which identify the potential environmental hazards and/or program discrepancies, and provide recommendations for control and compliance.
- Responsible inputting and maintaining the records in the Company’s internal HSE Tracking, Waste Disposal, and SDS Databases.
- Ensures the facilities are operating within all environmental compliance permits, and facilitates required sampling events when necessary.
- Interact and advise employees on environmental procedures and policies.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
- Five years of experience in radiation safety, biological safety, industrial hygiene, occupational safety, emergency response, and/or environmental safety or equivalent
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the safety & environmental regulatory arena
- Ability and willingness to take on assigned projects through completion
- Ability and willingness to respond to emergencies in hazardous environments on an on-call duty basis
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet, and web based applications
- Public communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Work will be conducted in Denbury’s oil production fields and field offices including well locations, pipelines, flow lines, and possibly remote areas. Work may require the ability to function and move within a physically and mentally demanding environment with the capacity to carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. The position will require the use and wearing of personal protective equipment.