C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
JOB TITLE: QHSE Coordinator
Review,evaluates, and analyzes work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals or protection of the environment.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety or environmental impact.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Investigate incidents to identify causes and to determine how such incidents might be prevented in the future.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Implement and maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with HSE standards and government regulations.
- Collaborate with engineers and physicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Conduct HSE training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the Spanish language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar is an additional asset
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicator to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Associate Degree or College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years construction, industrial or oilfield QHSE related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in an advisory capacity