About the business and the role
WestSide is a Brisbane-based gas producer with gas production, significant reserves and exploration interests in Queensland and New Zealand. WestSide has long term commercial agreements in place with well known names of the industry, and are strategically positioned to take advantage of the growing domestic and overseas natural gas market.
The position of HSE & Compliance Coordinator is a key role in our business supporting the Operations and Development team in the increased production of oil and gas.
On a daily basis you will be expected to
- Coordinate HSE audits , investigations and corrective/preventative action items.
- Coordinate the Safety Training Program.
- Coordinate HSE inspections, hazard inspections and environmental monitoring.
- Provide support, advice and management of the WestSide HSE Management System.
- Manage HSE and work procedure documents.
- Coordinate and attend monthly safety meetings.
- Coordinate compliance activity tracking and reporting.
- Liaise with Corporate HSE groups to ensure the maintenance of HSE metrics.
What you need to succeed:
- Diploma in WH&S or similar qualification
- 3 years plus experience as a safety professional.
- 5 plus years experience in an operational role preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Current First Aid Training Certificate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills including MS Office.
- Ability to work independently.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a stable and leading edge business.
- Ability to learn and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference and see the impact of your actions.
- Being rewarded for your efforts and innovation.