HSE Coach Job in Singapore
Job Ref: 135542BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Work Location: Singapore – Pulau Bukom
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 28-Mar-2020
An ideal role for an HSE Coach with leadership behaviour and has a vast HSE knowledge. Someone who has investigation capability and skilled in communication.
Where you fit in
Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site is one of the largest sites in the Shell Group with a crude distillation capacity of 500,000 barrels/day and a large-scale ethylene cracker complex. It is an export refinery where a significant amount of its products are exported to countries in the region.
Safeguard and enhance the license to operate and reputation of Shell Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site by assuring compliance to applicable HSE legislation, regulations and Group/DS-M standards.
What’s the role?
Provide safety & environmental coaching and promote improvements in safety & environment culture of the site within the assigned PU by working collaboratively with PU shift and leadership teams.
Field Assurance Monitoring:
- Perform continual inspection and review of jobs for safe work practices (all HSSE aspects). Pro-actively ensure that all activities in the day-to-day operations are executed with no harm to personnel, environment and equipment and in accordance with agreed procedure.
- Provides leadership coaching to PU/Department personnel to achieve Goal zero aspiration.
- Maintains a high visible safety presence on site (approx 70% of time in the field).
- Conduct and/or lead the investigation of incidents & near misses to enable a continuous improvement and learning culture. Implement recommendations with sustainable solution mindset and communicate to PU stakeholders and HSSE community.
- Implementation and support of HSSE initiatives such as campaigns, Coaching Based Intervention programme and HSSE alerts and learning’s cascade.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current HSE issues in specific PU and across the site and communicate progress/findings of HSE audits periodically.
- Liaise with site Operations and maintenance personnel on HSSE matters, ensuring the application of best HSSE practices throughout the site.
- Demonstrate visible and felt leadership by communicating a clear vision, setting and championing challenging performance goals (such as Goal Zero) and consistently demonstrating the importance of HSSE & SP via personal involvement, visibility, decisions and actions.
- Motivate, coach and develop staff towards improving HSSE & SP culture and behaviours.
- Deliver compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Shell HSSE & SP requirements, applying consistent Consequence Management.
- Engage with stakeholders and set long-term objectives in line with expectations whilst adhering to HSSE & SP Policy.
- Lead and manage on site HSSE for all the turnaround and Major projects in assigned PU.
- Plan and implement special assignment in support of the initiatives roll out by the HSSE department.
- Assist to develop, improve and deliver site safety training such e.g AGST, contractor HSE leadership training.
- To review site HSSE procedures in collaboration with the HSSE compliance team.
Advisory and Communications:
- Acts as a mentor to supervision/management to encourage and support them applying a goal zero mindset to all tasks. Participate and advise on the development of work method statements and risk assessments.
- Ability to coach stakeholders in the PU at manager/lead levels, peers and executing personnel at field level.
- Provide feedback based on-site practices e.g. leading indicators, and for updating HSSE procedures for Bukom.
- Communicate required compliance requirements and improvement areas to line management.
- Secretary for the PU HSSE committee meetings for Shell staff.
- Attend the Daily morning meeting in the respective PU.
- Attend and contribute to Tool Box and Enhanced Toolbox Meetings.
- Verification LOPC.
- Participate in PU HEMP reviews.
- Execute the role of safety officer in the site emergency response – Incident Command.
- Engagement of authorities independently on-site during the visit made by authorities.
- Deliver Site Induction Training for staff and relevant HSE training.
- Assessment of respective PU ACSs.
- Development of assigned Safety Technician and (contractor safety supervisors) members in assigned PU.
- To carry out the monthly Duty Safety Officer role.
- To carry out the legal requirement as Workplace Safety Health Officer.
- To proactively manage PU’s FIM performance to site standards
- To participate in the major emergency exercises and close any identified gaps.
What we need from you
- Broad and well-grounded knowledge of refinery/petrochemical experience would be a strong advantage (3-5 years).
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong passion for HSE, drive to build and change HSE culture.
- Sound understanding of safety & environmental legislative requirements.
- HSE professional qualifications and degree a plus
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.