HSE Analyst / Advisor India – Rio Tinto
Job Ref: RITM1998308
- Be part of the world’s leading mining organisation
- Commitment to a safe working environment
- Be part of the backbone in driving organization’s safety performance
- Based in Delhi, India
About the role
We are looking for a HSE Analyst/Advisor to support on sustainability reporting and analytics (specifically safety domain) for the corporation, product groups and the HSE function and manage tools under technology and information systems used for reporting of this information.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual to be a part of a team whose motive is to achieve Rio Tinto Group vision of “Zero Harm”. Reporting to the Senior Advisor – Data and Business Intelligence (HSE), you will be:
- Collecting, analysing and presenting safety performance data efficiently.
- Designing and implementing process to eliminate under reporting of data to ensure Rio Tinto’s safety statistics are reported accurately in the Annual and other external reports.
- Conducting quality checks to ensure insightful information is provided without any errors.
- Conducting various analyses to identify opportunities for safety initiatives to eliminate or reduce workplace injuries and hazards.
- Performing hypothesis testing to identify any potential blind spots creating hindrance in safety performance.
- Looking at performance trends at various levels to identify high and low performing businesses based on Rio Tinto’s safety metrics.
- Reviewing significant incident learning to ensure useful leaning is shared across the group.
- Reviewing the quality of investigation reports of significant incidents.
- Benchmarking company’s safety performance with other mining companies as well as other industries to find further improvement opportunities and industry best practices.
- Liaising with business contacts across the company to ensure all significant incidents are investigated and closed with appropriate actions and learning within stipulated time.
- Supporting independent third party assurance activities to verify the safety performance data.
- Managing back-ups in team to ensure business continuity.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A Professional qualification – Graduate/Post-Graduate in any of disciplines.
- At least 4 – 7 years of progressive experience, preferably with combination of both operational and corporate HSE experience.
- Exposure to health, safety and environment reporting or sustainability reporting would be an added advantage.
- Familiar or having the aptitude to learn data analytics and business intelligence.
- Familiar with use of electronic document / record management systems
- Strong analytical bent of mind and exposure to analytics tools, preferably, PowerBI, Tableau, Design Studio and MS Excel
- Strong ability to prioritise information and activities based on urgency and importance
- Intermediate to expert level computer literacy skills (including the Microsoft Office suite of programs)
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis would be viewed positively.
- A keen interest in technology
Where you will be working
The Rio Tinto office in Gurgaon (India) is one of our corporate hubs and houses service and support functions, as well as a portfolio of product groups including; Copper, Coal, Iron Ore, Diamonds, Minerals, Exploration and Growth & Innovation.
Apply today before 19th July 2018 if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.