HSE Advisor Orion Group Chad
Job Ref.: 917273
Job Type: Contract
- Reporting to the HSSE and General Services Manager, the HSE Advisor’s responsibility is to ensure the day to day HSE activities are managed across the operations and the office environment to support the Company’s activities in Chad.
- Detailed Description
- The NDJ HSE Advisor will support the HSSE & GS Manager in delivery of the requirements set out below and provide support and coaching to Operations, Drilling and Functions for Chad activities. Whilst the role is primarily N’Djamena office based, it will require time in the field supporting the day to day operations as required.
- To support the HSSE and General Services Manager in delivering the HSE Vision and Objectives for the Chad operations.
- To lead, coach, mentor and develop the Chad Field and Office based HSE team, and to support the nationalization agenda.
- Provide HSE oversight to Drilling, Construction and Production activities across the field operations.
- Support and coordinate the annual HSE plan delivery, and ensure that the plan activities are implemented at field level.
- To support the client HSE Management System and ensure policies, procedures and work instructions are maintained and communicated to relevant personnel, and are consistent with the requirements of company Policies and the Safe Oil Life Saving Behaviours and Fatal Hazard Protocols.
- Champion and Evaluate SafeOil conformance and ensure continuous improvement and closure of gaps between current practice and SafeOil requirements
- Develop and maintain a Chad HSE risk register and ensure that risks are managed in accordance with the clients Corporate Risk Management Framework.
- To support the HSSE/GS Manager in delivering the Corporate Catastrophic Hazards Process and Critical Controls Management for the Chad operations.
- Support the field based teams in incident investigation to identify appropriate root causes, and to ensure the quality and accuracy of incident reports, and effective close out of incident actions.
- Ensure that HSE Performance data is analysed to identify trends, lessons learned and best practices are shared across the operations.
- To champion the rollout of HSE initiatives and campaigns.
- Ensure Emergency Response Procedures are maintained and coordinate Emergency Exercise activity between the field, Ndjamena and London.
- Plan, execute and monitor HSE audit and assurance activities and timely action closeout for the Chad operations.
- Support the HSSE / GS Manager in the day to day contract activities with the in country Medical Providers to ensure provision of adequate health care.
- Ensure that the Environmental and Waste management activities are managed in accordance with the Environmental and Social Management plan.
- Work with contractors to develop appropriate bridging documentation between clients HSE Management System documents and contractor processes
- Promote a positive safety culture and good safety behaviours across the operations.
- Experience of operating in a field based processing/production operations environment, with good understanding of process safety hazards and the safety critical controls required to manage process safety hazards.
- Excellent understanding of HSE Management Systems and their application in an oil and gas environment.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional HSE performance.
- Demonstrable and visible HSE Leadership skills and experience of working with field based / operational HSE teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work and coach across all levels of the organisation and diverse cultures Ability to understand and analyse complex information and report / present in simply and accurately.
- Experience in Behavioural Based Safety Systems.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills.
- Minimum Qualifications Potential candidates interested in the HSE Advisor position must meet the following requirements:
- Fluent in written and spoken English. French desirable.
- Relevant work experience in Drilling and Completions and Production Operations.
- Previous Experience working in Africa (preferable)
- University Technical degree preferred, Minimum NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the link below.