HSE Advisor Job in Corunna
Job Ref: R-027161
Job type: Full Time
Location: CA.ON.Corunna.785 Petrolia Line
To provide HSE guidance and support to the construction management team of Beralta Construction Ltd. during construction of the NOVA COP3E Project. The successful candidate will be the contractor’s lead representative for HSE and will assist in implementing and monitoring the HSE Policies and Procedures of Beralta during all phases of construction. Multiple locations will be utilized during the construction execution so mobility will be a requirement of the role.
- Understand the requirements of the Beralta HSE management system to ensure project HSSE plan is implemented in daily work activities on site during construction.
- Perform HSSE induction for all new employees in line with the Company and Project site HSSE rules and regulations in the language understood by them.
- Assist in scheduling, arranging and delivering HSSE / B2B training effectively to employees to increase and maintain high level of HSSE awareness
- Prepare B2B HSSE training record using attendance sheets, Bluesky, training logs and training registers
- Keep HSSE training matrix current
- Communication of HSE Policy, applicable legal requirements, HSSE information and lessons learned to all personnel / in the area of responsibility.
- Participate in / facilitate preparation, review and modifications of risk assessments as required; for all activities of operation.
- Assist Supervisors to complete accident / incident forms for on-site and off-site accidents related to employees.
- Lead / Participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary and follow up the corrective actions until completion.
- Ensure tools and equipment’s including vehicles are inspected, tested and color coded as required by relevant procedure and inspections recorded using appropriate form.
- Ensure emergency response preparedness provisions / plans in place and awareness amongst employees.
- Perform inspection of fire detection and firefighting equipment regularly and report findings to responsible individuals for corrective actions.
- Perform Level 1 HSSE inspections as stated in project HSSE Plan and ensure senior management, level 2 and level 3 inspections are performed.
- Monitor work area environment through the pro-active enforcement of HSE rules and regulations.
- Advice / guide employees on selection, use, limitations, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment and monitor the compliance.
- Closely monitor the compliance with permit to work system as applicable.
- Ensure work platforms are safe to use and meets site requirements related to access, egress and work platforms.
- Monitor provisions made for heat / cold stress management during hot weather and cold related issues in winter months.
- Regular inspection of first aid facility and replenishment of required items. Record inspections in appropriate form.
- Monitor subcontractors HSSE compliance with IMS HSSE rules and regulations and provide feedback to management.
- Prepare and submit necessary reports to the Construction Manager and applicable Project Management Team once identified.
- Participate in audits and monitor follow up and closeout of corrective actions for the findings raised during internal and external HSE audits.
- Proper allocation of sub-ordinates in maintaining safe and healthy work environment through routine monitoring and proper time management.
- Participate and provide necessary input for HSE meetings to review HSE performance and participate in client meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship between company, clients and its subcontractors.
- Understand and follow routes of communication as per organization chart.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Developing Relationships
- Collecting Information
- Representing Company
- Orally Informing/Investigating
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years related work experience including 1 to 2 years in similar size / nature of projects.
- NCSO / CRSP,
- HSE qualifications recognized locally or internationally e.g. OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH, Industrial Safety diploma governed by respective government organization.
- Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Computer literate – proficient in MS Office, Power point etc.
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of internal / external auditing process. (added advantage)
- Investigation skills (moderate)
- Report writing. (moderate)
- Communication skills.
- Presentation skills (moderate)
- First aid training
- Client policies and procedures (added advantage)