H&S Policy & Assurance Manager Qatar
- Vacancy number: PUB125985
- Location: Doha
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 48.0
- Branche: Rail
- Education level: Academic Master
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Monday, July 31, 2017
Our client is a major Railway Company and responsible for rail transport in Qatar. The company is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the entire rail network and systems, and will manage Qatar’s rail network once operational.Build your career as a H&S Policy & Assurance Manager as you participate in some of the most challenging tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Developing and/or implementing the strategic QSHESE initiatives/objectives as part of the Company Business Plan;
2. Define/monitor operational QSHESE requirements for ensuring delivery of the governance framework for railway operations;
3. Identifying opportunities for measurable QSHESE performance efficiencies and service improvements through robust root cause analysis & trend analysis technique.
1. Gain assurance of Project QSHESE & Rail Operator performance to ensure a consistent application of the QR HSMS/CMS and adherence to QR Policy, Procedures & standards;
2. Leads on accurate collation of Health & Safety key performance indicators (KPIs) and high quality periodic QR Health & Safety reports & dashboards;
3. Conducts regular HSE Leadership tours, inspections and audits to ensure compliance by Projects , rails operators, suppliers and/or maintainers to the HSMS and provide high quality reports to QR Senior Management;
4. Promotes consistent positive communication & application of periodic QR H&S Initiatives.;
5. Provides briefing updates to Project Health & Safety teams regarding HSMS development, H&S performance (for onward cascade);
6. Maintains an overview of project and operations Quality performance data and closure of recommendations and actions. Escalating where required ensuring effect closeout of improvement actions;
7. Ensure accidents/incidents/near misses are correctly reported into QR incident reporting systems;
8. Ensure that accident investigations written or reviewed are objective, evidence based & outline SMART recommendations;
Soft Competencies Behavioural Skillset :
1. Accountable and naturally collaborates with QSHESE /QR teams to seek innovative, cost effective solutions.;
2. Provides visible leadership to QSHESE stakeholders within the QR organisation & its activities;
3. Able & willing to collaborate with QR stakeholders to deliver improved QSHESE performance;
4. Effective organisational skills to fully maximise their time & the time of others in QR;
5. Consistently works effectively as part of a team or alone as required by tasks & QR requirements;
6. Ability to represent QR to Regulatory authorities in liaison over H&S matters;
7. Actively seeks & provides constructive feedback from a range of stakeholders across the QR organization;
8. Actively seeks opportunities to promote/support/celebrate QSHESE /QR successes.
Experience:• Minimum 10 years’ experience in implementing and monitoring effective HSMS and processes in line with international best practice e.g. OHSAS 18001 in an operational railway environment including interfacing with regulatory bodies. (mandatory) at a management level;
• Minimum 10 years’ experience Construction environment at a management level (desirable);
• Membership of professional H+S institution recognised by QR (mandatory);
• Worked at strategic & tactical levels in large organisations -(mandatory);
Professional Training:• Qualified Auditor.
Skills:• Computer literate;
• Effective use of common IT systems (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
• Knowledge of SharePoint & HSE incident reporting systems;
• Effective English oral/written & report writing communication skills.
What we offer
Infrastructure industry. Brunel Energy operates from its own international network of more than 109 branch offices in 40 countries. Our objective is to provide excellence to our contractors and clients in all aspects of our service and bring together your ambitions and all major Infrastructure and Oil & Gas companies. Whether regional, national or even international, we can find the perfect job and provide excellent support.
Contract: Permanent HireLocation: Qatar Starting Date: ASAP Client: Railway Company Organization: DCEO Office