HES Professional Job US
Location: San Antonio, TX, US, 78240
About Marathon oil
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company is looking for an experienced HES Professional for our San Antonio location as part of our Eagle Ford shale resource play. The successful candidate will be charged with providing environmental support to assist the Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local environmental regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other HES professionals to clearly define environmental issues and develop cost-effective solutions. The HES professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to secure permits and resolve compliance issues and maintain Marathon’s reputation as a Safe, Clean and Responsible operator.
- Advises Asset Leadership, production, construction and maintenance, operations support, and engineering personnel regarding environmental requirements and their specific responsibilities. Provides training and technical assistance as needed.
- Understands, interprets, and implements Federal and State air regulations and Marathon Corporate programs.
- Implements internal compliance procedures for the Federal and State programs including Title V Permitting, NSPS OOOO, Subpart W Green House Gas reporting, NESHAPS, LDAR, etc.
- Prepares air permit applications and negotiates with regulating agencies on air permit conditions.
- Monitors compliance and prepares routine reports and emergency notifications.
- Works with agencies on routine inspections and action items.
- Manages air permitting projects conducted by third party vendors including bid proposals, work orders, and field supervision of contractors.
- Monitors implementation of the environmental programs through audits and advises Asset Leadership on actions to improve implementation and compliance.
- Develops environmental training materials and programs for operations personnel on environmental issues such as air, waste management and SPCC for HES&S meetings.
- Provides technical support to operations personnel during Management of Change (MOC) evaluations using the MOC evaluation checklist, design reviews and pre-startup safety reviews.
- Participates in Asset Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) activities.
- Maintains familiarity with Asset’s emergency response plans and incident command system. Acts as Environmental Lead in the Asset’s incident command structure.
- Provide technical support for remediation work including approvals, operational notifications, reporting of soil disturbances or discoveries, removal of pits or production equipment, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science or related field
- 2 years of HES experience
- Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint with presentation experience
- Advanced Excel
- Experience with database management of air emissions programs (i.e. Tanks 4.0, HYSIS, E&P Tanks 2.0v)
- Travel weekly within the Eagle Ford region
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental compliance, program implementation, and risk identification
- Project management skills
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an updated copy of their curriculum vitae through the link below.