HES Manager Job in Kazakhstan
Requisition ID: 2019-38383
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently bidding for a major system completions project in Kazakhstan. If awarded work, we will have a requirement for a HES Manager to join the business.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
To play an active role in ensuring the highest level of HSSE performance is achieved that all project HSSE goals are met and where possible exceeded and to manage completion of designated activities in line with the project schedule and milestones in a safe, consistent and timely manner.
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the work scope, in adherence with project HSSE and quality, procedures and practices.
- Accountable for ensuring completions and commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with project commissioning specifications, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring commissioning is carried out in accordance with project schedules and budget through diligence and utilization of efficient and working practices.
- Ability to demonstrate high performing safety leadership always, providing guidance and support across the team with a key objective of achieving zero harm to personnel, the asset and environment.
- Be responsible for the HSSE performance of teams, ensuring full compliance with Company and Client HSSE processes and procedures.
- Lead by example in compiling with all applicable Company and Client project rules, processes and procedures
- Ensure corporate / project HSE initiatives, are delivered (i.e. STOP cards, (or client equivalents) SOC etc.) and all fully encourage to participate.
- Ensure HSSE governance is always maintained and that the management team and supervision are visible in the field and participate fully in verification activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years’ experience plus HES management experience in large oil and gas projects
- A degree in Engineering or similar
- A current relevant health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma / IOSH / CSP Certificate or equivalent)
- Full conversant with International HSE standards, codes and industry practices
- Experience and understanding of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, MOC process etc.)
- Extensive Knowledge of the key HSE Risks and related aspects associated with commissioning and completions including Major Accident Hazard Management, operational and workplace risk management systems and processes
- Extensive experience in the overseeing and monitoring implementation of HSSE Management System and HSSE Plans by contractors and subcontractors on site to ensure effective control of risks.