HES Environmental Professional Marathon oil US
Location: Carlsbad, NM, US,
Job Ref.: 88220
About Marathon Oil
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
The successful candidate will be charged with providing environmental support to assist the Permian Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local environmental regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other HES professionals to clearly define environmental issues and develop cost-effective solutions. The HES professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to resolve compliance issues. Experience with the federal SPCC, air quality compliance, waste management, and spill remediation is preferred.
- Provide support to Permian Asset Team on a variety of environmental issues (air, water, waste, and emergency response).
- Responsible for management of spills, including reporting, investigation and remediation.
- Responsible for understanding various environmental regulations and corporate programs; and implementing internal compliance procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance of environmental permits, preparing routine reports and emergency notifications. Works with agencies on routine inspections and action items.
- Reviews incident reports and makes necessary notifications to Corporate and/or regulatory agencies. Also responsible for participating on HES audits.
- Supports local emergency response efforts as part of the Incident Command System.
- Responsible for preparing and providing training to operations personnel on environmental issues as needed.
- Responsible for project management, including the development of requests for bid proposals, work orders and field supervision of contractors.
- Represents Marathon Oil Company at trade association and professional organization meetings.
- Sets an example of living our values by participating in safety meetings, behavior based safety program, diversity awareness opportunities and other activities.
- Travel throughout southeastern New Mexico and potentially other Marathon locations.
- Degree: Bachelors required
- Major Discipline: Environmental or Engineering preferred
- Years’ Experience: 3+ years of relevant HES experience. Environmental compliance, program implementation, risk identification, and project management skills are preferred.
- Travel Required: 25% – 50% field work
- Computer Proficiencies: Excel, Word