The heart is the power house of the body; if it cease to function, life cease to exist. This points to how important and critical the heart is.
This is why we want to talk on how to care for the heart.
We will consider six (6) ways to care for the heart:
- Ensure a healthy diet: More of protein, less of carbohydrate and less of fatty food is advised. Excessive fatty food could block the blood vessel. If the coronary blood vessel is affected, it could lead to coronary heart disease and other coronary disease.
- Ensure planned exercise: Good exercise plan has been proven to be healthy for the heart. So exercise should not be neglected.
- Quite smoking: Smoking has been proven to be detrimental to the heart. Smoking increases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, which includes coronary heart disease and stroke. Smoking damages the lining of your arteries, leading to a build up of fatty material (atheroma) which narrows the artery.
- Maintain healthy body weight: Excess weight from body fat puts extra strain on the heart muscle, raises blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and lowers high-density lipoproteins (HDL). This tends to be unhealthy for the heart.
- Sustain a healthy blood pressure: High blood pressure puts extra strain on your heart and blood vessels. Over time, this extra strain increases your risk of a heart attack or stroke. This is why you should sustain a healthy blood pressure.
- Sustain a healthy blood glucose level: High blood glucose can damage the blood vessels and the nerves that control the heart. The longer you have diabetes, the higher the chances that you will develop heart disease. This is why you must maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
Read Also: Prevention and treatment of silicosis
For questions and contributions, please contact us.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE