Health, Safety, Security and Environment Due Diligence Lead Opportunity in Houston – Shell
Job Ref: 132510BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Work Location: Houston – EP Center Americas
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 27-Feb-2020
Where you fit
As an HSSE Due Diligence (DD) Lead, you will be a part a global team executing Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) risk management for a variety of Commercial and New Business Development activities within Shell’s Downstream and New Energies organizations. Activities will include acquisitions, divestments, dilutions and swaps.
What’s the role?
Your role as the HSSE DD Lead will be to work with Business Opportunity Managers and Deal Delivery Teams to provide quality HSSE due diligence support which includes identification and integration of safety, environmental, security, health, and regulatory risks and opportunities into mandatory deal deliverables. It is your role to assess, quantify and integrate these HSSE risks into deal economics, legal contracts negotiation strategies, and transition activities.
Other specific accountabilities include:
• Promote and demonstrate a proactive HSSE culture within the commercial community -Downstream Acquisition and Divestment staff, contractors and consultants to maintain Goal Zero.
• Understand and apply Shell internal HSSE requirements in commercial deals.
• Understand and apply deal standards.
• Identify and understand national, regional and local HSSE regulations and requirements in order to identify and quantify existing and potential liabilities and risks impacting deal value.
• Vet, contract with and manage 3rd party HSSE contractors.
• Lead HSSE due diligence efforts, both directly and through team coordination and 3rd party contractor management (including field / data room visits when needed).
• Report and present HSSE risk assessment and mitigation, including to senior commercial managers
• Manage deal HSSE budgets, assist in development of implementation budgets, where required.
• Support transition and handover to other Lines of Businesses.
• Organize and lead field activities as needed
What we need from you
Because HSSE risks and liabilities can be material to acquisitions and divestments, we expect the successful candidate to have a broad HSSE skill set gained through work experience. For this role, commercial acumen and previous involvement in deal delivery will be a key requisite.
Other requirements include:
• Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree in environmental, or a related HSSE degree.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in HSSE related roles, including those with exposure to Joint Venture and Downstream operations.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills and the ability to influence others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of effectively leading teams including contractors.
• Proven ability to anticipate, plan and enable delivery on multiple simultaneous work streams and adapt to changing business portfolio needs.
• Ability to proceed with a decision in instances of incomplete and potentially ambiguous information.
• Ability to accommodate periods of high work peaks.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.