Health & Safety Manager job in Ontario, Canada
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Job Ref: 161127
The Safety Manager continuously monitors and improves OH&S performance through communication, implementation of corrective actions for identified risks and regional OH&S advocacy. Ensures an effective, risk focussed OH&S program is implemented. The incumbent manages the and implementation of company safety programs, policies and procedures for their assigned business unit. Provides honest, objective feedback to management regarding achievements and failings of safety standards, policies, and procedures
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Works closely with the General Manager and other BU leaders to determine Safety priorities and needs across all operating locations
- Actively support preventative injury initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement in Cement/CRH safety culture
- Be visible in the sites, coaching, teaching, and mentoring
- Analyze employee and contractor safety data and conduct risk assessments; develop and implement a safety performance improvement plan
- Coordinate the BU safety program to meet overall company safety requirements through initiation and promotion of day-to-day safety policies and development and delivery of safety training activities for employees and management
- Coordinate communications of occupational hazards and risks to both managers and the workforce and actively works with BU Leaders to minimize risks and hazards
- Assist with the design of standards programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent disease or injury
- Conduct audits and inspections and validate adherence to company policy, laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals
- Participate in the investigation of serious incidents and injuries and advise in the preparation of material and evidence for organization to use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations
- Advise on compliance matters and interacts with operating locations regarding interaction with state and federal agencies as needed (MSHA, OSHA, ATF, USCG/HS, etc.)
- Conduct compliance related assessments and surveys (i.e. noise, dust, etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise; develop practical solutions to resolve safety issues
- Develop and deliver safety training material; ensure a tracking system is in place
- Prepare and maintain internal and external reports
- Lead and help others to lead root cause investigations; develop and help others to develop corrective actions; monitor the completion of corrective actions
- Actively participate in the corporate safety network; leverage expertise to other facilities and help develop corporate standards, best practices, and guidance
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can learn more and apply HERE
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.