Health & Safety Inspector Kuwait – Louis & Berger
- Tracking Code: 8913-023
- Job Location: Kuwait, , Kuwait
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Job Description
- Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.Large Rectangular
We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Inspector for a short term assignment (9 months) for a potential project in Kuwait. The scope is project management/construction management for a Buildings project.
The Health & Safety Inspector will provide professional direction, support and advice as the site representative for all matters related to construction safety practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects equipment, tools, and working conditions to ensure safety of workers engaged in construction and maintenance of overhead and underground power lines: Inspects safety belts, ladders, ropes, rubber goods, and tools and replaces those not meeting safety requirements.
- Observes crews at work and reports laxity in safety precautions, such as failure to use goggles, rubber gloves, and other safety devices.
- Examines conditions of ditches and tunnels and recommends use of braces to prevent cave-ins endangering workers.
- Investigates accidents to determine causes and devises preventive measures.
- May instruct workers in use of safety equipment and safe work methods.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor ‘s degree/ Diploma in Safety Management or equivalent
- Professional registration highly regarded.
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning and accepting challenges
- Required Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience gained in similar roles in medium to large organizations with exposure to large commercial projects and practical applications.
- Middle East experience is essential, experience in Kuwait preferred
- Previous experience with a consultant company highly regarded.
- Candidates who are available immediately will be prioritized.