Primary Locatio: United States-PA-US-Pittsburgh
Organizatio: 178 TTS
If you have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Chemistry, Toxicology, or related science and are a self-starter with an eye on a great career, then you need to consider Tetra Tech.
The role is responsible for driving best practices and results and driving World Class EHS performance. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise and assisting in the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental programs for multiple internal and external customers.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Providing health and safety support on environmental investigation and remediation projects, as well as supporting projects for commercial clients
• Help grow our current client base for H&S services, and expand our H&S service offerings to existing and new clients
• Maintaining and strengthening your expertise with health, safety and environmental regulations and standards, with an emphasis on federal OSHA regulations.
• Preparing and presenting employee health and safety training
WHY WE WANT YOU:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, chemistry, toxicology, or related science (Master’s degree preferred)
• You possess strong technical writing and oral presentation/communication skills
• You have 5-10 years of relevant professional experience. Past consulting experience desired.
• Completion of 40-hour HAZWOPER training (with appropriate annual 8-hour refresher courses) strongly preferred.
• You’re ready to get your career started and join a world class company
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MIGHT BRING:
Competent in comprehensive safety and health practice for both General Industry and the Construction Industry. Competent in the practical application of sciences commonly associated with the professional fields of safety engineering and industrial hygiene, such as chemistry, physics, and basic human anatomy and physiology.
This position is in Pittsburgh, PA. However, you would be responsible for supporting projects located throughout the US (and potentially overseas).