Health Safety & Environmental Administrator US – Busche
Company Location: Southfield, MI, US
Employment Type: Full Time
Create, oversees, maintains and controls the health, safety & environmental and quality systems and compliance for the Company.
Development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, programs and databases related to health, safety, ergonomic and environmental and quality practices and requirements.
- Ensures all federal, state and local safety and environmental laws/regulations and codes are observed.
- Ensures all health, safety, environmental and quality plans and programs are current, reviewed and communicated appropriately.
- Drives improvements in the organizations performance through audits, behavior based safety, and training.
- Create and revise standard operating procedures, gap analysis against Safety/Environmental/IATF standards, including updates to FSPs, work instructions and employee training as necessary. Ensure the Safety/Environmental and Quality systems are operating effectively.
- Maintains and ensures all recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met and within the required time frame.
- Facilitates the organization’s Safety Committee meetings and tracks the resolution of open issues from these meetings.
- Conducts internal accident investigation and with participation of involved department managers, determines corrective actions. Writes and communications all Safety Alerts.
- Conducts regular internal audits, assessments and analyses of assigned disciplines to ensure compliance to appropriate standards and regulations. Audits include safety inspections, environmental, layered process audits.
- Internal audit follow-up including review of audit responses, ensuring accurate root cause analysis, ensuring complete and comprehensive response plans, ensuring criteria to judge effectiveness are defined, confirmation that responses are
- completed effectively with objective evidence and closure of completed audits.
- Reports (written/verbal) on audit findings and where appropriate corrective actions.
- Conducts management review meetings to ensure preparation and compliance to Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Creates/revise internal audit and supplier audit schedules. Lead or participates in all audits as needed. Support all external customer audits.
- Anticipates, recognize, evaluate and develop control strategies for hazardous conditions and practices.
- Supports implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001 and IATF/TS 16949 systems.
- Administers the workers’ compensation program including but not limited to providing case management for injured employees between physicians, treatment visits and third-party administrator.
- Facilitates health, safety and environmental training requirements to employees.
- Facilitates and tracks the resolution and timely response to action plans based on audit results
- Responsible for all environmental compliance including written plans, permitting, training, audits, reporting internally and externally.
- Responsible for the Hazard Communication Program including approval, maintenance, communication and training for SDS.
- Responsible for waste manifest management
- Responsible for Tier II reporting
- Displays a positive attitude towards health, safety, environmental quality and follows all the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with Company policies and government regulations.
- Ensures all employees, visitors and contractors have a safe environment in that safety and standards are maintained; and all hazards, unsafe actions, or unsafe conditions have been identified, corrected, and/or eliminated.
- Responds to and investigates all reports of environmental issues, injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experienced with various government reporting such as Waste Summary, Storm Water tracking/ reporting, Air/Noise Evaluations, RCRA and SARA requirement and other required governmental reporting.
Minimum of one year of safety, environmental quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
Skills And Competencies
- Good communication skills (written, verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and able to communicate at all levels of organization.
- Detailed oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good analytical, assessment and problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State occupational health and safety regulations; and demonstrated ability to provide
- guidance to the plant and ensure compliance.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and IATF standards.
- Familiarity with ADA, FMLA and HIPPA.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Environmental and OSHA reporting required.
- Must be able to be Storm Water Operator certified or have certification
Work performed in an office and manufacturing plant environments. Normal mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Frequently exposed to varying temperature within plant depending upon external weather condition. Frequently sits, walks, stands, grips/grasps, bends/stoops, crouches; and lifts and carries up to thirty (30) lbs. within the office and manufacturing plant environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Regular attendance at work is required. Must be able to be contacted at all times.
Busche provides quality CNC machining to a diverse customer base. Our Southfield location focuses on the automotive segment of our business with production operations 24 hours/day. As part of our selection process, all candidates will be required to complete a Predictive Index Survey.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated copy of their curriculum vitae to: SouthfieldHR@buschegroup.com