Health, Safety & Environment Manager Singapore – NS BlueScope
Company Name: NS BlueScope
Company Location: Singapore
At BlueScope our Health, Safety, Environment and Community responsibilities are integral to the way we do business.
The Global HSE team has been on an exciting journey to enhance our strategies, policies, governance and processes. We are currently looking for a highly experienced HSE professional to join our team as the Health, Safety and Environment Manager for Asia to provide dedicated support to our Asia businesses. This role could be based out of our Singapore or Kuala Lumpur offices.
Reporting remotely to the Vice President – HSE, this senior position will set, manage, review and monitor BlueScope’s HSE capability strategies and processes across Asia.
- Lead risk mitigation strategies and activities within scope of health, safety and environment.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of BSL’s HSE strategy, systems, metrics and practices at a local and global level
- Ensure alignment of HSE training, education and coaching programs align with global HSE strategy at senior leader and HSE functional leader level
- Provide expert HSE advice and leadership to Business Unit stakeholders including emergency management support
- Manage capability governance and assurance activities in accordance with Board requirements
- Provide third party, risk effectiveness and significant incident support as required
- Regularly communicate risk control improvement ideas and lessons learned, from both internal and external sources
- Support internal and external reporting and analysis requirements
Your sound HSE knowledge combined with well-developed business acumen enables you to evaluate the existing HSE framework and provide robust feedback whilst taking into consideration the practicalities and needs of operational activities.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about HSE management. You pride yourself on continually learning and honing your knowledge within your chosen field as well as sharing this with others. Working with a large and varied stakeholder base you have an adaptive approach when supporting and managing their needs.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build trust with a broad internal and external stakeholder base
- Previous experience managing a HSE and risk management portfolio
- Experience completing HSE auditing responsibilities
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading and managing change where you have had measurable impact
- Openness to consultation, discovery and flexible solutions
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and developing your professional network
Part of the Global HSE team, you will be the senior HSE leader for the Asia region. This position will provide you with an invaluable opportunity to support and shape HSE strategy where you contribution and impact will be recognised.
BlueScope offers flexible salary packaging, attractive pay and benefits with a strong commitment to work life balance.
At BlueScope our success comes from our people. We choose to treat each other with trust and respect. We understand that the range of perspectives that result from having a diverse and inclusive workplace will strengthen BlueScope’s capability for continued and sustained business success.
To apply for this role please send your CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org