Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Specialist Job in India – ABB
• Report progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ABB Group, as required.
• Implement policies and standards. Ensure area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit.
• Assist line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group policy, instructions and standards.
• Facilitate HSE risk assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those who are directly concerned by the hazards, and ensure all processes are implemented.
• Drive behavioral change through implementing Group-wise performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
• Engage external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback.
• Cooperate with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive HSE performance.
• Ensure appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used.
• Identify, plans and initiate training needs, e.g. for employees, site managers, and agree with, and ensure delivery of training from CoE.
• Drive and ensure compliance with Group management systems (e.g. ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001).
• Contribute to and/or plan and execute HSE, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (CR) related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of OHS specialist experience in heavy engineering or process industry /Companies
• OSHA International (Occupational Safety and Health Act) certified preferred.
• Knowledge of finance and accounting part coupled with knowledge in fire protection, hazardous substances and ergonomics.
• Good Communication and presentation skill with Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.