Health & Safety Coordinator Job in UK (12 Month FTC)
Business Area: Safety
Primary Location: United Kingdom-London-London Luton Airport
Organisation: Ops Risk
Unposting Date: 12/02/2020, 11:59:00 PM
EasyJet is Europe’s leading airline offering a unique and winning combination of the best route network connecting Europe’s primary airports, with great value fares and friendly service.
Reporting to the Health & Safety work stream lead, the Health & Safety Coordinator will support the development, administration and maintenance of an effective Health and Safety management system in liaison with the Occupational Safety team with the aim of ensuring the pace and quality of the continued development of the Health and Safety Management system is supported via delivery of the key role accountabilities.
They will provide both administrative support on day to day items such as investigations, general H&S enquiries and also provide specific Health and Safety support to the Site Safety Tour schedule via the coordination, management and resolution of findings. Further support will be required with the development of the H&S Manual and its associated policies, procedures and working documents.
Engagement with key stakeholders in conjunction with the Head of Occupational Safety to move the Management system to a live state will also be key, and they will therefore be required to attend and effectively facilitate associated meetings with people at all levels of the business.
The Health & Safety Coordinator will:
- Work alongside other Health & Safety professionals to support with the coordination and delivery of Health & Safety audits (Site Safety Tours), risk assessments and devising an effective communication strategy to ensure all day to day enquiries and requests are triaged and managed appropriately. This could be anything from DSE queries through to a request from regulators for Information.
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are executed or escalated as appropriate as part of their involvement in SST and investigation reviews.
- Be responsible for providing periodic health & safety performance reports.
- Conduct Health & Safety activities as allocated or required by the programme or the Head of Occupational Safety.
- Experience of developing and/or implementing Health and Safety Management Systems / documented processes / management systems in medium to large scale businesses
- Highly organised and structured approach to multi-disciplined workloads
- Excellent communicator with good diplomacy
- A good understanding of Microsoft and its applications.
- Drive, passion and enthusiasm to make all of the above work within easyJet
- The ability to work under pressure and autonomously (whilst under direction) for periods of time
- A formal & recognised qualification in Health and Safety/Safety Management or Environmental Management
- Experience of auditing or site inspection
- A good understanding of Health and Safety Legal, Statutory and Regulatory requirements and understanding of where to go for guidance
- Aviation experience or experience of working in equivalent high risk industries, especially around Engineering and Facilities
- Incident Investigation Experience
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
This full-time role will be based in Luton with some travel to other easyJet base locations, and will be 40 hours per week.
Applicants must have the right to work in the country where the role is based and will provide upon request, proof of Right to Work in the relevant country.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.