Health Safety and Environmental coordinator Portakabin United Kingdom
Annual Salary: £22,000 – £24,000
Function: Business Support
Location: Head Office – York
Business Unit: Head Office – Human Resources
Closing Date: 13 June 2018
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Portakabin are committed to achieving zero harm, join our HSE team as a Health, Safety and Environmental Co-ordinator and you will be influential in helping us deliver this.
Based from our Head Office in York you will support the wider HSE team and work closely with our UK production teams to directly influence our safety culture. Your remit will include the input and analysis of HSE Audit Data, management of the Portakabin incident management system and the completion of HSE performance reports
Not only will you have the opportunity to help improve day to day HSE compliance in your area, you will also get involved in the design and implementation of business wide Health, Safety and Environmental behavioural and cultural improvement projects and initiatives.
Is this role for me?
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Experience of data input and trend analysis – ability to present complex data in document format.
- Experience producing written reports.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Although not essential to the role the following skills/experience would be beneficial:
- Qualification in Health and Safety or Environment related subject.
- Formal auditing qualification (18001, 14001 auditor).
- Salary £22,000 – £24,000
- 24 days holiday
- Full time employees can buy up to 5 days holiday
- 1 day paid volunteering
- Discounted cycles and shopping Vouchers
What are the key duties?
- Ensure team effectiveness through positive reinforcement to support the aims and objectives of the team.
- Collate and input audit data and track corrective action close out on the Portakabin audit management database.
- Manage the Portakabin incident management system ensuring that incidents are closed out by following up with the HSE Advisor and Business Partners, and where needed operational colleagues
- Produce data and trends for the group wide business division specific HSE performance reports
- Support the HSE Systems Manager in the review and updating of the Portakabin HSE business Management System
- Get involved in the design and implementation of HSE improvement programs and initiatives;
- Record incidents and accidents on our national system and produce statistics for leaders:
- Ensure that all necessary documentation and information on all matters of HSE is provided in a timely and complete manner.