Health & Safety Advisor Job in London
Murphy are recruiting a Health & Safety Advisor in South London to join a team working to deliver the second phase of London Power Tunnels. The Health & Safety Advisor should have experienced on-site civil infrastructure projects for a reputable contractor.
National Grid has agreed a 6-year contract with Murphy to deliver tunnelling and shaft work in the second phase of its London Power Tunnels project. The contract is worth £400 million, and work has started as of March 2020 with offices opening in Bermondsey and New Cross, South London.
The £1bn LPT project will see the construction of a 32.5km tunnel which will house electricity transmission cables 30m underground. The new cables will replace three circuits that currently run under the surface or roads between Wimbledon and Crayford. The replacement tunnel will minimise disruption for Londoners, eliminating the need to dig up the existing cape infrastructure.
- Previous experience as a Health & Safety Advisor as a site based advisor on an infrastructure project for a reputable contractor.
- Experience in civil engineering/construction
- SHES Membership ie IOSH, IEMA or CQI.
- MS package knowledge.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards.
- competitive salary
- car or car allowance
- 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate pension
- 2x charity days/giving back days
- Life assurance
- Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.