Highly Competitive Rate of Pay
Location: Cornwall and Region
Founded in 1968 Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are currently looking for to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to be part of our mobile team working across the Cornwall and Devon Region, initially working exclusively on our St Austell to A30 Link Road scheme.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment.
As the successful candidate, you will support our contract service delivery. You will undertake various tasks including, but not limited to:
- Be involved with the review and updating of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Be involved with the implementation of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Be proactive in developing a positive H, S & E culture within the organisation.
- Carry out Health, safety audits of the sites and deliver feedback to the site management.
- Assist Managers with Health and Safety queries.
- Assist the site maintain high standards of health and safety by working as part of the site team.
- Ensure site H, S & E paperwork is correct and complies with current legislation.
- Carry out weekly site inspections with other members of the team to help develop their understanding of what good Health, Safety & Environmental looks like and how it should be incorporated into their daily activities.
- Assist site management and the Company training department in training and developing the workforce.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate previous experience gained within civil engineering, construction, groundwork or similar environment.
It is essential that the candidate hold or be in the process of obtaining a relevant Health and Safety qualification I.e. NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.