Health Coordinator – Inland Services Costa Rica – APM Terminal
Location: Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
The position is the leader in the coordination of health issues. It is responsible for diagnosing, forecasting, preventing and monitoring the illnesses of employees, through scientific, technical, technological and administrative knowledge with ethical performance.
•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
• Collection of information obtained from occupational medical examinations of admission, annual newspapers, change of position, reincorporation or withdrawal.
• Development of a database that records the main findings and recommendations of each worker.
• Through this database, workers with general and occupational risk factors can be identified.
Establish the baseline for the situational diagnosis of workers’ health.
• From the information obtained from the database, the situational diagnosis will be established and, consequently, the general and specific recommendations by areas.
• Establish programs to monitor and control the health of workers based on the individual findings of medical examinations. A schedule of reassessments will be established according to the most important occupational diagnoses.
• Interviews and follow-up consultations will be conducted for workers with occupational health problems (eg, hearing loss) or with other ailments that may affect their work performance in general (example: hypertension problems, diabetes).
• Programming and execution of audits to the centers that provide occupational medical exams, to ensure the quality of the results.
• Administer and safeguard the medical records. Keep all confidential medical documents safely, including medical records and periodic medical examination forms. • Programming and execution of the reading, interpretation and delivery of the results of the medical, admission, periodic and retirement exams to the workers of the company, within their facilities. • Provide advice on health issues to different areas. • Schedule and supervise the collection of observations identified in the workers during the annual evaluations.
• Notify work accidents to the area Security and / or HR. • Conduct timely medical follow-up in cases of occupational diseases, work-related illnesses and work-related accidents and elaborate or supervise the elaboration by the medical specialists of the necessary recommendations for labor reintegration.
• Provide advice in relation to the facilities for the departure of THE COMPANY personnel in cases of medical emergency (both in the facilities of THE COMPANY and outside them), with regular updates. • Establish exam profiles according to hazards, risks and aptitudes. Verify compliance with the legislation in relation to Occupational Medical Examinations and their application to the personnel of THE COMPANY, leaving evidence that THE ADVISOR declares to know fully the aforementioned legal requirements.
• Participate in the company’s Safety, Health and Hygiene Committee.
• Participate as a health advisor in the Committee.
– Report cases of illness and / or work accidents.
– Propose control measures.
– Propose prevention activities.
• Occupational Risk Assessment.
We are looking for
• Medical doctor graduated in general medicine. Preferably with a specialty in Occupational Medicine.
• At least 2 years of experience in health departments.
• Experience in the management of health centers.
• Experience in handling accident investigations.
• Intermediate command of the English language.