Health and Safety Specialist in Texas
Location: Amarillo, TX
Requisition ID: 51635
- Performing field verification to ensure compliance with the Phillips 66 Life Saving Rules; and Health and Safety policies.
- Managing all aspects of health and safety training for assigned assets.
- Coordinating incident reporting, investigation, and documentation with corrective action tracking and oversight through use of the incident reporting system.
- Managing auditing requirements and supporting operations during internal/external auditing as needed. Ensuring corrective action plans are developed, documented, and coordinated.
- Developing and fostering a strong safety culture with front line employees, site supervisors and site management.
- Supporting and ensuring compliance with the Phillips 66 Contractor Safety Program.
- Supporting project managers in the coordination of Management of Change and Process Hazard Analysis activities as required.
- Serving as point of contact for OSHA VPP Star review/recertification, auditing, and reporting where applicable.
- Collecting and maintaining Health and Safety KPI’s for internal/external reporting and management reviews.
- Managing the assets emergency response capabilities by responding to support incidents and participating in drills an
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in safety related field
- 3 or more years of experience with applicable Federal, State and Local rules and regulations as they apply to Occupational Safety and Health
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
- Willingness to travel, with or without reasonable accommodation, to field sites or headquarters approximately 30%
- Must be willing and able to perform the following:
o Climb various ladders and stairs
o Lift and transport articles weighing up to 50 lbs
o Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb and carry material on even and uneven terrain
o Work outside in all weather conditions
o Drive a vehicle
o Wear and use a respirator
- Must be able to maintain a valid Driver’s license
- ASP/CSP Certification
- API Tank Entry Supervisor (TES) Certification
- Experience with Emergency Response – including Incident Command, Crisis Management and HAZWOPER
- 3 or more years in the oil and gas industry
- 1 or more years with Midstream (pipelines and terminals) equipment, facilities, etc.
- Experience implementing/maintaining OSHA VPP Star status or OSHA VPP SGE
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, spreadsheet, word processing and data base applications
- Working knowledge of SAP software
- Root Cause Analysis (Think Reliability/Cause Mapping) facilitation for investigation and corrective action planning
How To Apply
interested and qualified candidates can apply for this position in the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.