Health and Safety Officer -Blue Chip Speciality Chemicals
Job ID: 207310931
Job Ref.: 20255/001
Job Type: Permanent
An opportunity for an aspiring HSE professional to join a leading business who can offer excellent training and enhanced opportunities for progression.This role is required to support the site EHS Manager in the detailed delivery of the EHS agenda and to embed good environment, health and safety practice on the site.
– The Health & Safety Advisor will help develop and implement procedures in order to secure compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation.
– To provide site level SHE support services (professional knowledge, guidance, advice and expertise) for SHE related matters, to department/area managers, supervisors and front line employees.
– To work with the site/location or department management teams to drive the safety culture within the plant and to meet the site targets of risk management and accident reduction.
– To lead site safety reviews, inspections, audits and accident and incident investigations (where specialist SHE skills are required).
– To provide SHE expertise to Site Projects in order to ensure that appropriate Safety, Health and Environmental considerations are incorporated throughout the life of the project and beyond.
– Act as a Group Risk Lead for up to three subject areas – dependant on Subject Matter Expertise
– Proven track record of successfully generating KPIs, monitoring against them and working with stakeholders to make improvements.
– Experience and knowledge of co-ordinating independent investigations, evidence gathering, resolution and reporting.
– Certificate level qualifications in Occupational Health Safety and Environmental Management (or equivalent) – essential. Diploma highly preferred.
– Detailed understanding of relevant current and impending Safety, Health and Environment legislation – essential.
– Science or Engineering degree – highly desirable
– Experience of implementing improvement projects
Experience of process safety requirements and COMAH regulations is desirable