HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER JOB IN VALDESE,NC, US
Job Ref: 03220-0011137456
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Valdese, NC, US
Robert Half is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for a client in Valdese, NC. This position will support manufacturing activities with providing professional knowledge and expertise in the management, administration and support of environmental health and safety programs. The EHS Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the environmental health and safety programs to ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies, implementing best practices regarding health, safety and environmental standards.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environment, health and safety.
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines and to ensure best practices for the overall safety and health of the plant employees.
• Leads and monitors general safety programs to ensure a safe environment and comply with safety standards.
• Responsible for ensuring all positions have an accurate, up-to-date job hazard analysis. Ensures any highly rated hazards are reviewed and addressed. Audits job hazard analysis on a periodic basis.
• Develops, implements and conducts accident investigations. Provides data analysis for
health, safety and environmental compliance and provides recurrence prevention programs and procedures. Respond to and provide assistance in an emergency situation.
• Identify company safety training needs, develop and coordinate safety training programs with the assistance of Human Resources.
• Provide feedback to support plant engineering to assist with implementation of engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards. Participate in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analysis, operator training, etc.
• Complete all environmental reporting to all local and federal agencies as required by law. Ensure accuracy and timely filing of the reporting. Ensure proper programs and standards are in place for environmental compliance.
EDUCATION: B.S. degree required. Preferably in Industrial Engineering, Health & Safety or related field. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) desired.
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of management experience in environmental, health and safety administration in a manufacturing environment. Experience working with environmental and regulatory compliance agencies, consultants and contractor personnel is also required.
Federal and State OSHA safety and health regulations, NEPA and ANSI. Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organization. Ability to enlist cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements. Ability to deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required.
To be considered please send resumes to Mark.Williamson@RobertHalf.com