Health and Safety Manager Canada
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 15090
Job Category: Construction
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is seeking a Health and Safety Manager for a project located in Hamilton, ON. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you.
- Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to project personnel on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of ‘no harm’ during the project.
- Promote a culture in where health and safety is a value that will never be compromised
- Together with project and construction management, develop, update and implement the project health and safety policy, safety management plan and standards.
- Provide assistance in all precontract, tender assessment and contract administration for projects in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations
- Review and approve contractor’s safety management plans and safe operating procedures before work commences
- Define local statutory and regulatory requirements and communicate throughout the project
- Lead and facilitate the project hazard analysis and risk assessment process across all project disciplines
- Ensure the implementation and support of behavior based health and safety and the Hatch safety information management system on the project
- Develop, implement and coordinate the process of health and safety reporting on the project
- Ensure project health and safety indicators and reviews are planned, implemented and reported
- Prepare, implement and review project emergency response plans
- Implement and manage the project audit program for Hatch and all contractors
- Measure compliance with project rules, safety management plans and health and safety procedures
- Manage the identification of health and safety training needs for personnel, including project staff and contractors
- Ensure appointment of key project health and safety staff and contractors
- Manage project health and safety staff to achieve project targets
- Recruit and induct project health and safety staff
Provide workers compensation and rehabilitation support, advice and manage the process
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 to 10 years of experience in health and safety, with at least five years of onsite experience in heavy industrial construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of computer skills
- A high level of organizational skills
- A passion for continual improvement of project health and safety performance
- Ability to lead and motivate on site project teams in health and safety
- Member of a recognized health and safety professional organization.