Health and Safety Manager at iRecruiters Africa
A client is a global mid and downstream energy company, specialising in the delivery of LPG across Nigeria; with import terminals and depots situated in Calabar and Lagos Nigeria.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Lagos
Direct Line to Terminal manager
Indirect Line to General Manager
- Internal – GM/Operations
- External – Suppliers/Vendors/Governments/Consultants, etc.
- Ensure Promotion of HSE awareness and compliance in alignment with Group HSE procedures and policies
- Drive HSE processes and implementation in the terminal
- Organize or Coordinate HSE trainings programs
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring HSE processes in line with the Company’s HSE Policy – SAPs
- Make requisition for Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) to all Terminal staff and ensure/monitor compliance
- Develop and implement an effective Environmental Management System or schedule
- Ensuring environmental safety and Good housekeeping culture
- Maintain an inventory of all HSE equipment and ensure there in serviceable condition
- Develop and maintain updated Emergency Response Plan and Procedures for the plant
- Organize regular drills to ensure understanding of procedure in case of Emergency.
- Supervise the corporate security guards and ensure compliance with the Company’s Access Control procedures
- Risk management – Identification of hazards (unsafe acts/unsafe conditions), assessment, control and reporting
- Ensure all Permits are in place, valid and renewed as at when due
- Build and maintain relationship with statutory and regulatory agencies
- Daily functionality checks on Fire fighting equipments and Hydrant water level check
- Promote HSE awareness within the Terminal – Installation of signs, Organization of weekly/Monthly Safety meeting, trainings etc
- Ensure effective administration of First aid.
- University degree in any related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in a LPG industry
- Knowledge of HSEQ systems.
- Experience in working as a team