Health and Safety Coordinator Sammon Contracting Ireland
Manage all EHS matters within a construction site environment working closely with the site management team to deliver a safe project.
Sammon Contracting Ireland Limited is looking to engage the services of an EHS Coordinator. The EHS Coordinator shall demonstrate abilities to undertake the following:
- Manage all EHS matters within a construction site environment working closely with the site management team to deliver a safe project.
- Advise the construction management team members and contractor supervisors of any changes in regulations governing health and safety.
- Set up and maintain the organisations OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Management Systems on all projects and ensure that the organisations Integrated Management Systems is on site, kept up to date for the site management and contractors.
- Ensure all works are compliant to the task specific method statements and risk assessments and advise contractors as to the relevant statutory provisions.
- Provide advice to the Site Management in co-ordinating the company’s health and safety activities
- Carry out EHS audits on site activities ensuring that best practice and legislation are maintained at all times and report to the Construction Manager.
- Set up and maintain Safety Induction Register, including copies of contractor’s SOLAS training cards and any other relevant training
- Provide toolbox talks to contractor personnel as required and ensure that contractor supervisors are giving weekly toolbox talks and advise subject matter based on current site issues.
- Audit contractors to check they are briefing their personnel on Risk Assessments and Method Statements and attend briefings for particularly hazardous tasks
- Monitor activities on site to ensure site safety rules, risk assessments and Method Statements are being adhered to.
- Monitor tidiness on site and consult with contractor supervisors where issues arise.
- Where activities are being undertaken unsafely; proactively intervene immediately, rectify and consult with contractor personnel and contractor supervisors
- Report serious safety non-conformance coordination issues that affect safety to the Project Manager
- Consult with HSA where required
- Consult with Safety Representative on health and safety issues
- Ensure emergency procedure information is maintained in visible position on site
- Ensure where accidents and incidents occur that they are investigated properly
- Ensure that traffic management on site is maintained and implemented correctly at all times
- Carry out H&S training and presentations as required
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the above. Applicants are invited to submit a CV to Sammon Contracting Ireland Limited demonstrating a minimum of 5 year experience working within a main contractor environment; and a minimum safety qualification of Diploma in EHS.