Health and Safety Assistant SD-045 ITER France
Job Family: Functional Assistant – 1
Purpose of the Job
To provide support regarding the implementation of all the activities related to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) in decree 92 areas following the scope defined below.
To enforce and monitor the implementation and respect of OHS rules and regulations.
To ensure all ITER Organization activities comply with the H&S regulations for the defined scope of work at each phase of the ITER Project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the implementation of Health and Safety (HS) measures in ITER buildings for ITER staff and other persons undertaking activities on the ITER premises and reports to the Occupational Health section leader;
• Participates in the update of ”Integrated Safety Management System’’;
• Updates procedures for occupational Health and Safety per the instructions of the Section Leader
• Complements and maintains necessary HS individual or ITER Organization documents;
• Carries out Communication activities related to Occupational Safety;
• Participates in the Prevention Plan development, anticipating potential Health and safety hazards;
• Supports the implementation of internal audits, inspections, checks within IO premises;
• Updates and/or develops the Health and Safety risk database (Document Unique) for areas under 92 decree;
• May be required to take part in the on-call duty service established by the ITER Organization outside normal working hours, including nights, weekends and public holidays;
• Implements the technical control of the Protection Important Activities, as well as their propagation to the entire supply chain;
• May be requested to support any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project schedule;
• Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER Safety Program, values and ethics.
Special notice: May be requested to work on beryllium-containing components. In this case, you will be required to follow the established ITER Beryllium Management Program for working safely with beryllium. Training and support will be provided by the ITER Organization.
Measures of effectiveness
• Supports the development of an effective medium-term plan of emergency and H&S management;
• Ensures compliance with all requests related to OHS, within the defined quality and schedule;
• Issues communication on a monthly basis related to OHS by the means of “Mr Safety” to be published on ITER Intranet;
• Supports efficiently the implementation of audits;
• Participates in writing and documenting efficiently OHS newsletters.
• Reports to the Occupational Health and Safety Section Leader;
• In response to requests from the Director-General and/or Safety department Head, or proactively, informs the DG/Safety department Head of any important and urgent issues that cannot be handled by the concerned line management and may jeopardize the achievement of the Project’s objectives.
Level of study
|At least Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent|
|Occupational Health and Safety field or other|
Level of experience
|At least 3 years|
|– At least 3 years’ experience in working in H&S program implementation for large construction projects;
– Knowledge of French H&S regulations is considered as an advantage;
– Extensive experience in similar jobs (involving similar work responsibilities) and/or additional training certificates in relevant domains may be considered a reasonable substitute for the required educational degree.
|Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Ability to work in a team and to promote team spirit
Ability to communicate effectively
|MS Office standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)|
|– Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment being a team player;
– Ability to listen and dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders;
– Ability to adjust communication content and style to deliver messages;
– Ability to model high standards of team mindset, trust, excellence, loyalty and integrity.
– Fluent in English (written and spoken).
|– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
– Experience in IT safety related software is valuable.