Harmattan safety tips is your best guide on how to be safe during the harmattan season.
The harmattan season is characterized majorly by cold, dry air and dust. These three (3) things have its own risk, so we should guard against them.
Here are the ” 5 Important harmattan safety tips” to follow:
- Due to high dehydration rate which accompanies the harmattan period, much fluid is needed to replenish and maintain the body fluid balance. It is advised that we avoid carbonated drinks as it could enhance dehydration.
- Get well covered to avoid developing cold related disease like pneumonia, bleeding nose, etc.
- Stay indoors if necessary or/and shut doors to reduce the amount of dust you get exposed to. If you must work out in the dusty environment, make sure you use a dust mask.
- Wash your eyes intermittently with water to clear it of settled dust on your eye-balls. Settled dust on your eye-balls can make your eye to be reddish.
- For drivers, in a misty/foggy atmosphere, try to increase the visibility of your vehicle. If it’s an high-rising vehicle, your revolving light should be on, also keep your fog light on always when driving in a misty/foggy atmosphere.
Follow the harmattan safety tips, and stay safe in this harmattan season.