Group Head HSE Nigeria
Job Reference: 1439
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: HSE & Security
Adexen has been mandated to recruit a Group Head HSE for its clients in the manufacturing sector for their operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company with a global presence.
- Maintain a dynamic and driven approach to promoting and supporting HSE across the group.
- Be an ambassador for HSE and promote “out of the box” thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively throughout the group.
- Manage and coordinate a team of HSE managers to ensure they proactively support their divisions and senior management teams on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for personal development and coaching of HSE managers, Trainees and Assistants. Ensure there are structured development plans in place.
- Identify development opportunities to promote safer and more efficient ways of working.
- Support the subsidiaries to develop their own HSE action plans and strategies for development and improvement.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programs, and investigation of incidents.
- Put in place HSE action plan and implement it.
- Update HSE policies, procedures and manuals.
- Acts as a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized.
- Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of HSE programme.
- Leverage on senior level expertise across the group to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Oversight of organizations HSE expenses and budget.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSE performance.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree.
- MBA, M.Sc or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10-15 years HSE experience of which 5 years must be at a senior management level.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- NEBOSH/OSHA certificate etc.
Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker.