Field Safety Technician Canada
Insituform Technologies Limited is looking for an experienced Field Safety Technician.
Insituform Technologies, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform’s businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform’s technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional “dig and replace” methods. For more information.
- Work directly onsite and build relationships with crews to balance environmental, health & safety requirements with production goals to ensure compliance with safety-related regulations, systems and practices.
- Promote acceptance of sound safety practices and encourage full participation of all company personnel throughout the Canadian operations
- Perform random inspections of job sites, facilities, equipment, vehicles, and investigations.
- Solve safety related problems on the work site.
- Immediately deal with identified problems by giving specific advice for the correction of the problem(s) to the General Superintendent, Superintendent, Foreman or worker as appropriate.
- Recommend safety-related programs, activities, recognition for employees
- Complete onboarding for new hires ensuring they are fit for duty and competent.
- Complete new drivers assessments – testing for skills, knowledge, and provide training in logbook procedures and pre/post trip inspections.
- Provide various types of Environmental, Health & Safety training to all levels of employees
- Have, or working towards an OHS (or relevant) degree.
- Bilingual (Oral and Written French and English)
- NCSO or CRSP (or equivalent) certification would be an asset.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a safety position.
- Health and safety experience in a construction environment considered an asset.
- Provide a clean Class 5 driver’s abstract.
- Familiar with Federal and Provincial Environmental, Health & Safety regulations
- Willingness to travel up to 60%, supporting both Hamilton, Ontario and Montreal, Quebec offices.
- Ability and willingness to be on site at least 90% of the time.
- Certification to perform MSHA training requirements such as HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry, and Tunnel Rescue an asset.
- Ability to facilitate CPR and first aid training is an asset.