- Requisition ID: 2018-22809
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure Division’s core competencies are in environmental assessments, health and environmental risk assessment, environmental geology (site investigation), remediation engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure engineering, and testing, and water resource services. We employ permanent staff in each region of Canada, including hydrogeologists, environmental, geological, civil, and geotechnical engineers, and environmental scientists and technician/technologist support personnel. Each of our regional teams is supported by local Wood offices and international Wood professional practice networks.
As part of Wood’s Burnaby Environmental Team, the successful candidate will be working in a team environment with health and safety specialists in support of a large project.
We employ some of the world’s best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to deliver excellence in everything we do. We’re seeking a Project Quality Assurance / Quality Controller to support a large asbestos survey program using innovative data collection and reporting tools.
Wood’s Burnaby Environmental group has an exciting position for a Project Quality Assurance / Quality Controller.
Reporting to a Project Manager, your responsibilities may include but won’t necessarily be limited to:
- Maintain and update project method documents and communicating to field inspectors methodology revisions/addendums.
- Attend internal and client project team meetings.
- Conducting QA/QC reviews field inspector’s asbestos survey data and notifying external Client QA/QC Reviewer when data is ready for their review.
- Train inspectors on use of project tools (e.g. asbestos survey and management database application)
- Coordinate and troubleshoot issues regarding survey data collection system with client IT and field inspectors.
- Test new versions of the data collection application and provide feedback to IT prior to release.
- Coordinate data collection system application and cloud management system blackouts with client IT and field inspectors.
- Notifying external QA/QC Reviewer, Project Manager, and Client of potential health and safety issues in site identified during the survey by the field inspectors.
- Producing weekly progress reports for Project Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of one year of related experience conducting quality assurance / quality control work.
- Experience conducting hazardous materials surveys preferred.
- Ability to organize, work independently and exhibit excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with client and project team in a professional manner across all media (i.e. by phone, through written and e-mail communication).
- Work collaboratively to acquire and dispense information as part of a team.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills. Experience with / comfortable with manipulating information databases.
- Strong job commitment and initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and calm in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Able to travel up to one week per month as required.
- Personal vehicle preferred.