Field Engineer Shell Petroleum India
Auto Reg. Id: 66481BR
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
SFE PURPOSE: Shell partners with an external Engineering Procurement Construction Management company (EPCM’s) for developing retail sites on a turn key basis/Program Managing basis. The Shell Field Engineer (SFE) is the single point of accountability within Shell for the delivery of Retail outlets with global design and high HSSE on ground with specific focus on delivering e2e assurance of all construction projects within his scope.
The SFE’s role is to: Pro-actively drive the quick turnaround of Retail Outlet construction through the EPCMs, to agreed outcomes, meeting HSSE and Retail business objectives. Time, Cost and end Objectives drive the Shell construction projects.
SFE has to ensure Construction Audits of the EPCM’s and the Contractors they hire with remedial action completion.
Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships internally with Shell Sales & Ops (S&O), Shell Marketing, Shell Network, Shell EPCM Managers and other external third party entities such as Municipality, PESO, Engg Project Management Company (EPMC), Contractors and pro-actively communicate with them in order to deliver Retail sites within timelines and cost.
- Possess a minimum of Engineering Bachelor Degree qualification
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience, preferably of Retail operations and/or Programme Management.
- IT: E-Mail, Microsoft Word/Excel/PPT and any ERP system working experience is a must. SAP is an advantage.
- Understanding of the Retail business with regards to retailers/dealers and customers interfaces is an advantage.
- Strong stakeholders interfacing skills (both internal and external, including vendors/contractors)
- Strong communication, negotiation and engagement skills.
- Solution-focused and able to self-motivate.