Extension lead safety precautions are important if you must use it safely. The extension lead is a length of flexible electrical power cable with a plug on one end and one or more sockets.
Poor use of extension lead can pose hazards/risk of:
- Trip and fall
- Electric shock/Electrocution
- Fire breakout
Without too much stories, let’s go straight into the extension lead safety precautions.
Extension lead safety precautions
- Never overload an extension socket
- Position an extension lead carefully to prevent any risk of damage.
- Always check that leads, plugs and sockets are in good condition.
- If using a cable drum extension lead, it should be completely unwound to avoid overheating.
- Do not run the extension lead along the walk path to avoid trip and fall.
- Never run the extension lead through water, wet or damp surface.
- Never use a cord that feels hot or is damaged in any way
- Never try to repair extension socket if you are not trained to do so.
- Never improvise with an extension socket, either to accommodate more plugging point.
- Use extension cords with polarized and/or three-prong plugs.
- Inspect the extension lead before use.
For questions and contributions, contact us via out contact page.
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE