An ergonomic chair is a chair designed with the aims of giving correct support of your posture, weight and lumbar while sitting. It is design to suit a range of people and has adjustable parts that enhance maximum comfort during sitting.
However, there is no guarantee that they will suit any one person in particular. For example, a chair could be too high and the arm rests too far apart for a short, slim person. In addition, chairs may not suit every task or arrangement at the workstation. A chair becomes ergonomic only when it specifically suits a worker’s size (body dimensions), his or her particular workstation, and the tasks that must be performed there. It is possible to find the right chair although it is not always easy.
Benefits of Ergonomic chair
- It reduces Pain
- It boosts Productivity, and
- Improves Employee Wellness.
Points to note:
- One chair does not fit everyone. The users’ body dimensions must be used when selecting a chair so that it does not strain one part of the body while fitting another.
- There is no chair suitable for every activity. For example, dentists require a different chair than do industrial workers or computer operators.
Features of an ergonomic chair
- Adjustability: The seat height should be adjustable.
- Backrest – The backrest should be adjustable both vertically and in the frontward and backward direction and has a firm lumbar support.
- Arm support: The seat should have a good arm support.
- Stability: The chair must be stable; a five-point base is recommended.
Click on the link below to see where to buy this chair and its price.