Environmental Health Safety Specialist (ESH) Job in Nigeria – Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services
- Job Type: Permanent/ull Time
- Location: Nigeria
Vacancy exist for the post of a Environmental, Safety and Health Specialist in Nigeria.
About the Role:
Environmental, Safety and Health Specialist are core leaders in supporting Schneider’s values of safety and health. ESH Specialist provide direction, support, and training relative to so and governing agencies Environmental, Safety, and Health policies. As a team, their focus is to encourage a positive and proactive atmosphere for safe behaviors on and off the job
- Provide advice and assist line management to ensure that an effective ESH Management System is implemented and working.
- Implement and maintain systems and standards to effectively manage ESH at the location.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant ESH legislation, Schneider requirements and certification standard requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction as necessary in ESH programs to employees to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Promote safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Assist in the identification of hazards, evaluating the risk, developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent or minimize exposure and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Maintain up to date Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and RA for all areas, jobs, and equipment.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Site Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
- Participate and Coordinate ESH Reviews and Management of Change Reviews
- Ensure that contractor personnel working at the location are in compliance with legislative and Schneider ESH requirements and maintain necessary documents and records related to Contractor management.
- Perform and contribute to the Site training plans by developing and maintaining training matrix for all job levels, scheduling, and monitoring training, conducting employee orientations, conducting emergency response training and coordinating training programs at the location.
- Schedule and coordinate inspections and audits by appointed site personnel, certifying bodies and corporate structures.
- Develop and monitor corrective action lists to address shortfalls and improvements.
- Coordinate with appointed responsible personnel on correction of deficiencies/shortfalls.
- Report incidents in GIR system and lead incident investigations. Depict the incident including the causal factors in a SnapChart.
- Maintain records of audits, inspections, reports, certifications, permits, etc. related to ESH.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker ESH records including training records medical fitness certificates.
- Support site manager to develop and implement Regional and Site ESH Goals.
- Arrange and facilitate regular safety and management meetings. Minutes of the meetings must be compiled and the outcomes of the meetings must be actioned, monitored and followed-up to ensure proper compliance.
- Develop, monitor and track performance indices and report statistics.
- Compile and submit ESH reports to management.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills set;
- BSc in Environmental Science & Technology or BSc in Environmental Health or other related fields
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar position and direct practice in safety systems management, occupational health, and environment.
- Experience in Supervising or management of production operations or manufacture
- Strong administrative skills
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, outlook, vision, SAP)
- People management/supervisory skills
- Communications skills (Excellent verbal and written)
- Internal business administration knowledge
- Creative and innovative
How to Apply:
If your qualification meets the above requirement for this job, you can submit an updated copy of your CV here.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE article, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you