Environmental Health & Safety Manager Job in US with Unilever
Job Number: 18000H4P
Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full time
Background & Purpose of the Job
The ideal candidate must be a thought leader with a demonstrated ability to approach Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) in innovative and exciting ways. The site SHE Manager has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. The SHE Manger works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
· You’re a born leader: You have a bias for action that is second to none. You challenge yourself and everyone around you towards a continuous improvement mindset. Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management. You’ll assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
· You love to win, and have fun doing it: You enjoy the process and understand that not only through the technical but through the human experience can great achievements be accomplished. You will manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results. Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence Strategy Programs.
· You’re a teacher: You strive to show not just the “How” but the “Why” safety is at the utmost importance for yourself and others around you. You will deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results. Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls. Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs.
· You’re a culture & change champion: You are a vital part of the winning strategy which delivers the most important part of the site’s goals for the most important resource of any company, personal safety and security. All while moving the Unilever Sustainable Lining Plan (USLP) forward motivating individuals around you to think and act beyond themselves. Reduce the site’s environmental impact
What You’ll Need To Succeed
· 3-5 years’ experience in a factory based Safety, Health or Environmental role.
· At least 1-year experience in a supervisory role with direct reports.
· Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management
· University degree in Science or Engineering or other related field.
· Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
· Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety
· Influencing skills
· Good observation and auditing skills