Environmental, Health & Safety Manager job in California, US
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Requisition ID: 7801
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of an environmental, health and safety management program. This position provides the leadership and expertise to obtain company-wide excellence in environmental, health and safety and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations. This position is also responsible for the development, design, implementation, and monitoring of all SKF policies and procedures, and the ISO 14001, ISO 9002:2015, ISO 450001 and OHSAS 18001 program requirements. The EHS Manager develops organizational policies relevant to the facility departments. Selects, develops and evaluates contracts to ensure the efficient operation of such contracts.
The EHS Manager reports to the St Louis Factory Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs accident management activities, including injury management, investigations and associated record keeping. Identifies, implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence. Maintains injury records in accordance with government regulations and corporate practices.
- Performs hazard assessments and other EHS evaluations, including employee monitoring. Surveys, compiles and analyzes data relating to risks. Assesses risk and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Works with corporate staff, site personnel and insurers to manage risk. Also serves as the point of contact for local and federal agencies.
- Secures, revises and/or maintains applicable environmental and hazardous materials permits.
- Chairs the EHS Committee and Ergonomic Committee thereby fostering employee involvement in EHS activities. Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns via the Committees.
- Develops, implements and maintains employee training programs for topics related to health, safety and the environment.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities. Available to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Stays abreast of new government regulations as they are promulgated, as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
- Builds relationships with key managers and employees
- Ability to work in a union environment
- Selects, develops and evaluates applicable EHS contracts to ensure the efficient operation.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, corporate standards and guidelines, etc.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities; assesses feasibility of proposed plans, projects and equipment.
- Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure accident / incident investigations are conducted to determine their causes and take appropriate corrective action as required.
- Ensure injured workers are rehabilitated and an early return to the workplace is achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislative requirements.
- Maintains positive working relationships with Regulatory Agency Personnel (EPA, OSHA, DOT, federal, state and local agencies) and various outside auditors
COMPETENCIES AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to audit/inspect operations and company procedures
- Ability to develop and implement effective EHS strategies and management systems
- Working knowledge of applicable environmental, health and safety standards
- Working knowledge of workers compensation system
- Knowledge of facility and operational procedures
- Ability to foster and develop a cooperative work environment
- Ability to use sound, prudent and independent judgement
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Intermediate computer skills required with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient with use of packaged software
- Familiarity with SharePoint sites is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Science or a related field, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in health and safety or related field
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.