Environmental Health Safety Job Coordinator
Company Name: Husco
EHS Coordinator is energetic, driven and forward-thinking individual to lead safety initiatives at our Waukesha facility. The safety coordinator provides technical safety support to production staff and plant leaders. With support from the safety manager, will develop safety programs, coordinate safety trainings and monitor all safety regulations. Must ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations. This position will require close collaboration with Husco’s plant leadership team and company safety manager.
- Responsible for day to day safety at the Whitewater & Maquoketa facilities with support and coaching from company Safety Manager
- Create a Safety Action Plan to improve safety metrics including, but not limited to:
- Recordable Incidents (TRIR)
- Lost Time (in hours)
- Near Miss Incidents
- Safety Audits Performed: Audit Findings (open & overdue)
- Safety Training total hours
- Support managers and supervisors in their understanding, adherence, and implementation of all federal and state EHS laws
- Conduct risk assessments and create a plan to reduce identified risks
- Consults with operations manager, manufacturing engineers and supervisors regarding ergonomic workplace modifications
- Co-lead safety team/committee meetings covering topics specific to location
- Actively guide and participate in all efforts to promote safety awareness and increase proficiency in safe work practices in Husco facilities
- Ensure Husco’s company safety policies and written programs are current, up to date and properly implemented. Update policies and programs to new legislation as required
- Maintains accident and OSHA log databases. Prepares statistical presentations for meeting presentation and postings
- Conduct in-depth hands-on safety training to new hires and annual re-training which encompasses aspects of OSHA and Environmental standards, and compliance; Addressing each facility specifically
- Facilitates Safety Committee meetings guiding members to be proactive in their efforts to prevent work place injury and illness. Participates in other committees/project groups as necessary to achieve compliance of safety and environmental issues
- Support and positively affect the work environment by providing employee safety recognition programs. Provide and support department safety programs that provide a positive employee morale as well as increase plant safety
- 4 Year Degree in Occupational Safety
- 1-5 years hands-on experience in a manufacturing organization with emphasis on:
- Safety training, inspection/audit, job safety analysis, ergonomics program development
- Accident investigation, promotion of safety prevention/awareness
- Worker’s compensation record keeping and statistical report generation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
- Accurate typing/computer data entry with above average attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exhibit good judgement, common sense, leadership, decision making skills, and possess effective interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and varied tasks
- Must have valid driver’s license
- In a standard work day this person will be required to sit, stand, walk, lift, bend, kneel and drive.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing up to 20 lb. frequently and up to 40 lb. occasionally
- Repetitive use of the hands as to fine manipulation/dexterity will be required for data input, writing and manipulation of “mouse”. Phone calls require: clear and audible speech
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, strong reading abilities, ability to read computer printouts and computer spreadsheet applications
- This person may come in contact with all types of office or shop hazards: temperature, summer humidity, occasional contact with oil, chemicals, fumes, etc. Normal office conditions apply.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in posted areas of the plant which may include: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes/boot, respirators, protective clothing
- Total awareness of the Office and Manufacturing environment as it pertains to the safety of employees, visitors, operation of any equipment and handling of materials or products
- Occasional travel required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. (All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others). The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.