Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator Job in Illinois
Company Name: Johnson Service Group, Inc.
Company Location: Morton Grove, Illinois
Johnson Service Group has been in business for over thirty years recruiting candidates for our clients in the manufacturing field. We currently have a client that is looking to hire a Full Time for a Environmental Heath & Safety Coordinator. This is an immediate need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for compliance with HSE programs, including ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, and with all government agencies and related regulations.
- Responsible to guide and promote safe work performance by developing proactive HSE systems, policies, and procedures; develop HSE campaigns, communications, and recognition in line with business strategies.
- Generate performance metrics to measure performance progress and to evaluate HSE programs effectiveness.
- Accountable to conduct or arrange to have conducted training for all employees.
- Report, monitor, and correct environmental, health and safety, and security problems/issues.
- Lead efforts to ensure that key HSE operational controls are in place and that action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Advise and assist leaders and other company HSE professionals on HSE matters, including fact/data gathering, problem identification/resolution, offering objective assistance and guidance on HSE issues.
- Accountable for the Safety Risk Assessment program.
- Lead HSE continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate site’s PPE program maintenance, and compliance. Coordinates the CCTV and access control system, and coordinate maintenance as required.
- Perform internal HSE audits and Compliance Calendar for Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual processes.
- Contributes to the operational effectiveness and performance through leadership and influence across the facility.
- Assists the facility’s development through improvement plans addressing business needs and implementing fundamental behaviors.
- Assist with the development of programs to attract, retain and develop the organization work force. Creates and facilitates HSE engagement through teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for HSE Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Involved in Workers’ Compensation cases providing incident reports and corrective action plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Safety or experience equivalent to a four year degree.
- 2+ years’ experience in an HSE role.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to influence actions and mindsets in leadership team
How to Apply
Submit an updated copy of your CV to: email@example.com