Environmental, Health, and Safety Supervisor Claxton
This position will provide full time environmental health and safety support to the operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with Valmont policies. The position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its permitting applications. Support the development and coordination of training programs in accordance with site and organizational programs. The position will lead site 5s initiatives and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by Valmont.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Valmont policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working. Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected. Coordinate with Plant Manager and General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct 5s training and implement 5s methodologies in all areas of the operation.
- Education – Minimum of High School Graduate, Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience – > 2 year related experience
- Computer – Must possess computer skills to include Microsoft Office software
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Reliability – Must be dependable and trustworthy
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.