Environmental Health and Safety Associate Position in Canada
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
- Conducts audits, inspections and investigations under the guidance and direction of EHS consultants
- Prepares detailed written technical EHS reports in a timely manner
- Conducts EHS related research of programs, policies, legislation, etc.; summarize and report with recommendations
- Reviews, drafts or modifies, EHS programs and procedures for review by EHS team, and implements programs including the development of related training materials
- Researches and interprets legal and other EHS requirements
- Completes external reporting as required
- Liaison with regulatory agencies for spill reporting
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with front line operations supervision and engineering to ensure timely and accurate spill investigations including effective corrective actions.
- Identify and implement processes and equipment to improve performance and productivity
- Prepare internal EHS communications
- Provides guidance to the students to ensure devlierables are met effectively and efficiently
- University degree in Health & Safety, Sciences or Engineering, preference will be given to those with post graduate studies in Occupational Health and Safety
- One (1) to Three (3) years EHS experience preferred
- Knowledge of the following preferred:
- ISO14001/45001 Management Systems
- Occupational Health and Safety and regulations, Environmental Protection Act and regulations, etc.
- EHS auditing and environmental monitoring programs
- Working towards Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) or Environmental Professional in Training (EPt)
- Knowledge of Windows Office, Intelex, 3E, Nimonic and SAP (Work Manager) software
- Demonstrated experience associated with EHS activities (e.g. audits, hazard assessments, air sampling)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Invests in building valuable relationships across the organization
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; manages implementation effectively
- Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Manages risks to protect the health and safety of employees and the public
- Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; has and uses cross-functional knowledge
- Valid class G License
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.