Environmental and Health & Safety Coordinator Job in US
Category: Administrative Support
Job Number: J0419-0966
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Landing Gear
Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Summary of position:
Heroux-Devtek Inc. is looking for an Environmental and Health & Safety (H&S) Coordinator for its Strongsville Ohio facility. The young facility primarily focuses on the finishing and assembly of high strength steel parts and has many electro-chemical plating and painting processes on site. The role consists of maintaining environmental plans and coordinating actions linked to atmospheric emissions, storm water, waste water treatment and hazardous waste for the Strongsville facility. Furthermore, the role also consists of overseeing the health and safety program and working with managers to ensure organizational H&S goals are met.
Are you stimulated by daily challenges, teamwork and an evolving work environment? Are you motivated by the prospect of joining a young aerospace facility that is in the process of growing? If so, join Heroux- Devtek and come grow your career with us.
• Provide technical expertise in order to ensure conformity to various environmental regulations and permits
• Prepare environmental reports and permit renewal documents
• Inform immediate supervisor and corporate environmental officer of pertinent information regarding the environmental performance of the facility
• Perform and document environmental inspections of the facility and participate in environmental and H&S audits.
• Oversee and coordinate corrective actions related to inspections and audits
• Coordinate any work with external environmental suppliers (consultants, laboratories and waste handlers)
• Ensure that the Health & Safety Program meets OSHA and other regulatory requirements
• Lead the Health and Safety Committee and provide H&S guidance to the managers regarding ongoing activities and new projects.
• Ensure that all training activities linked to H&S meet the requirements of all applicable regulations
• Coordinate with outside suppliers any environmental and H&S training
• Oversee the Emergency Response Team and ensure they have the proper training and equipment
• Maintain evacuation and emergency procedures and coordinate any training or drills for facility employees
• Ensure the accident investigation process is respected and performed per internal procedures
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives related to environmental, H&S goals
• Degree in Environment or related science
• 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar position
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Has demonstrated leadership during previous employment
• Capable trainer and coach
• Is well organized and capable of maintaining extensive records
• Self-driven and autonomous