Environment, Health & Safety Specialist Job in Nigeria – Schneider Electric
Job Ref: 005MEF
Primary Location: Nigeria
- Assist in the development and implementation of a workable HSE Management System (HSE-MS)
- Conduct HEMP, HAZID training & Mandatory inductions and orientations for staff and contractors.
- Review work method statement and procedures for construction/industrial activities.
- Participate in HSE inspections and audit of project sites and facilities. (Onshore and Offshore).
- Participate in accident investigation and reporting.
- Coach and influence area leadership’s decisions as they affect the health and safety culture.
- Advocate compliance with regulatory and company health and safety requirements.
- Provide accurate safety statistical information and analysis of that information to the workforce.
- Identify potential hazards and propose safe work practices to leadership teams.
- Provide expertise on hazard identification and risk mitigation processes.
- Provide effective health and safety communication throughout all levels of the workforce.
- Work to ensure consistency of approach and application of health and safety programs across operations.
- Ensure health and safety systems, policies, procedures and programs used to manage jobs are understood and are utilized by company and contract personnel.
- Assist in the completion of H&S assurance audits and action closure activities.
- Participate in the delivery of health and safety training programs.
- Assist in conducting area safety meetings and HSE committee meetings.
- Conduct self in accordance with the safety professional’s code of conduct.
- Conduct and participate in review, inspections and audits of contractors, their equipment and programs to ensure compliance with company and Regulatory requirements, as requested.
- Assist workforce with accurate and timely incident notifications; entry into Traction; and with the development of effective actions, as necessary.
- Within the operating area assist in, and facilitate, incident investigations.
- Assist with incident management plan activities including implementation, training, response, and liaison with local first responders.
- Provide or suggest interventions for H&S performance issues.
- Provide applicable support to Emergency Services and Emergency Response.
- Ensure management is informed of HSE incidents in a timely manner.
- Understand the process of preparing health and safety documentation system
Undergraduate Diploma/ Technical diploma
2 to 5 years of experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click on the link below to submit their CV.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you