Environment, Health and Safety Lead Auditor Ireland – Dublin – Grange Castle
Closing date for applications: 29th June 2018
Job Ref: 4704776
Fulfill a key role in supporting the implementation of the Pfizer’s Global Environmental, Health and Safety (GEHS) Audit program primarily through performance of audits.
This role is advertised globally with preference for EU or US based applicants. Location including remote working) is negotiable although no relocation package if being offered with this role.
- Lead and participate in environmental, health and safety (EHS) audits of company facilities (all businesses, all regions).
- Audit EHS and Business Continuity Management (BCM) management systems relative to country specific regulatory requirements and company EHS and BCM Standards.
- Effective coordination of site EHS audits, including:
- Organizing audit team resources (including consultants) and auditors drawn from sites/other center EHS functions;
- Audit scope development, scheduling and task assignment;
- Pre-Audit activities
- Reviewing audit team progress before and during an audit;
- Prioritizing audit findings and developing formal audit report;
- Presenting audit outcomes to senior site and business line management (verbal and written reports).
- Coordinate and partake in the Level II EHS Audit ‘focused audit’ program. Determine where Level II Audit shall conduct focused audits either as part of routine site audits or as part of separate standalone focused audits and/or diagnostics. Coordinate the required resources (including the development of specific audit protocols and auditee expertize including consultant management and training as applicable) for conducting focused audits. Ensure the outcomes from these focused audits are effectively communicated to support network wide program improvement.
- Lead audit program improvement projects.
- Lead and participate in external supplier EHS reviews and business development due diligence as required.
- Participate in Global EHS governance systems and support corporate compliance reporting, through participation in operational and site risk review processes.
- Required to travel internationally around 40 to 50%.
Work Experience/Technical Skill Requirements
- Minimum of seven years experience as a safety or environmental professional. Operational site experience essential.
- Risk assessment and risk management knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety and/or environmental regulatory framework and regulations in a region.
- Broad EHS experience and knowledge covering EHS requirements related to management systems and facility operations. This may include managing or overseeing EHS programs such as process safety, occupational hygiene, high hazard work including contractor safety management, air, water, waste, and/or emergency preparedness.
- Experience and training in Business Continuity Management an advantage.
- Experience and training in EHS auditing an advantage.
- Experience is operational excellence tools including Root Cause Analysis an advantage.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new technical and regulatory knowledge. Analytical and interrogatory skills to make thorough evaluations of systems and processes and formulate innovative and practical solutions to audit findings.
- Ability to prioritize issues and report work product (written and verbal) to senior leadership.
Qualifications and Personal Skills
- Undergraduate degree in science, engineering, environmental sciences, safety, industrial hygiene, or similar preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work across multiple countries and cultures.
- Ability to independently identify the strengths and weaknesses in EHS management and compliance systems.
- Has great team leadership skills and can quickly create a sense of team of technical experts and drive team to deliver high quality work.
- Ability to build peer relationships over a short period of time and can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Easily gains trust and support of peers while also being candid.
- Will seize accountability and will stand up and be counted. Can work autonomously.
- Is change agile and can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably.
- Stream Head HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) JAZZ Pakistan | Apply
- Safety Engineer Morgan Corporation Morgantown – PA | Apply
- HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER GEORGIA-PACIFIC USA | APPLY